Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Boot Camp makes me a better person, it just does.

It’s changed the way I look at things, how I feel about adversity, what I think I am capable of.

Someone commented on Facebook, "Boot Camp has changed my way of thinking about life period not just my health. It's a great feeling on the inside and out. I know that I can do absolutely anything I want..."

One of my tactic to get through a challenging workout is to transport myself somewhere else. Its not always dance parties and sex sessions in my head that get me though each set. Sometimes when I'm working out and its particularly hard, physically challenging beyond anything I've ever attempted before, I imagine I'm training for something really big, a natural disaster or the end of the world.

I imagine I have all three my babies on my back and I have to trudge through flood waters to get them to safety. There's a fire in my house and I've got to break down a door to get us out. I'm on the side of a mountain and if I don't make it up the side of that rock wall, I will never see my kids again.

I pretend I'm training for the end of the world and my life and the ones I love depend on it.

Something big is coming and I am going to be ready.

No comments: